Unusually, for those who do not have the time or desire to read the entire article, I will start with the conclusion.
IF … :
- 1 – You have a private room.
- 2 – You have a good computer (desktop or laptop).
- 3 – You have a high-speed Internet connection.
- 4 – You have patience to inform yourself before starting and a minimum of “wisdom”.
So you can work from home in better conditions than in any studio and you can keep 100% of the money (not just a part as in the studio).
If you do not have the ones listed above, you do not have the patience to inform yourself, you do not know any English, you will have to work in a studio because otherwise you will almost certainly be stuck from the beginning.
Video chat from home or studio? – The article in detail.
What are the benefits of working in a studio?
- You do not need to be informed about anything – in general the study will tell you what to do, when, how and in what way …
- A study deals with the registration as a model – (photographers, identity documents, contracts …)
- You’ll have a room to work from – without the risk of running into your parents in the bedroom.
- You do not need any investment – (computer, webcam, lights, …) all these things will be offered by the studio.
- The study deals with payments: the study should deal with the payment of the models, but also with the payment of all related fees or taxes (these fees are different in each country).
- Accommodation Possibilities: Most of the time the studio offers accommodation possibilities close to the workplace at competitive prices or even free for some models.
- Moderators, Photographers,… – In general, a studio offers some beneficial services for this job.
- Accessories and Tips: You can more easily get some clothes, sex toys, tips and information on how to use certain things or certain situations to your advantage.
What are the disadvantages of working in a studio?
There are many disadvantages, especially for someone who wants to work for a longer period of time (more than 6 months). Perhaps for a short period (1-3 months) it is not worth investing time in looking for information, on the computer, the webcam, … (if you do not have them) but in the long run you will have to take into account the following. .. disadvantages:
- Very high commission (40 – 50%). This commission is taken directly from your money. Don’t be fooled by ads like “We offer a 60% commission!” Actually, what this ad says is that they will take 40% of the money you make.
- Many bosses … Especially in large studios you will find that you have a lot of bosses (owners, directors, chief of staff, moderators, shift boss …) It can be a very unpleasant experience for someone not used to such a system.
- Fixed hours: in most studios you will have a set schedule, a minimum number of hours per day, and often a maximum number. Generally, the same room is used by several models working different shifts.
- Other payments, commissions or products – In large studios you will notice that there is a whole industry dedicated to models, from insistence on buying anything (clothes, makeup, some service …) to payments for using a simple locker where you leave your things .
- You have no control over the account: since the studio is the one who opens the account, it has all the rights to use this account according to its own interest.
- If you want to register on your own, after you have opened an account with a studio, you will find that you can no longer register for a period of approximately 6 months.
- Related accounts and affiliate programs: After a while, you will realize that only part of the money comes directly from the shows that you offer live. Over time (1-2 years) you can get the same amount of money from affiliate programs or from the sale of adult photos and videos. One studio keeps all of these affiliates and will make a profit long after you stop working.
What advantages do I have if I work as a video chat model at home?
First of all, it must be said that it is NOT recommended for everyone who works from home. You will have to have a private room, technical means … but also a little patience to inform yourself very, very well before starting. There are cases in which someone wants to work as a model for the simple fact that they have heard of another person who makes a lot of money from this activity, but without having the slightest idea of what it means in particular and how it is done. First of all, spend at least one day reading all the information you can find about:
- What does it mean to be a video chat model?
- How do I register as a model?
- What do I need to get started?
- How to configure my account or block access in certain countries.
- How are payments made?
- Approximately how much money can be earned per month?
- Is it legal – do I have to pay taxes?
As you can see, there are many questions, but if you inform yourself in advance it will be much better. These answers will help you earn more money, faster and without problems, or… on the contrary…, you may discover that this activity is not for you.
Benefits if you work on your own from home:
- ALL the money you earn is yours alone: you don’t pay any commission to anyone.
- Flexible hours: you work when you want and for as long as you want.
- Flexible location: if you want to go to Paris this week, you can stream from your hotel room, next week you can go to Rome and do the same, you just need internet and a laptop.
- Absolute control over the videochat account – Only you decide if you put something on your profile, how much money to ask for a show or if you permanently close the account.
- Absolute control over your social profiles – You can get fans, friends … using social networks.
- Affiliates and sales: you control any affiliate account you have opened, you can sell your own photos or videos and make direct profit.
- No bosses, no pressure, no explanations: you are your own boss, nobody pressures you to work more than you want, to do what you don’t want, or to give an explanation.
What disadvantages do I have if I work as a video chat model at home?
- You must have the necessary technical means – (desktop or laptop (laptop), webcam, high-speed internet), if you don’t have them you will have to spend a significant amount of money to buy them.
- You will have to inform yourself – If, for example, you do not know how to put your profile picture, there will be no one to help you, you will have to google the information and learn to do it yourself.
- You will have to promote yourself – Although it is a great advantage to control all accounts on social networks and affiliate programs, you will need to spend around half an hour every day on this task.
So … like many other things, not everything is black and white, the most important thing is to be very well informed before starting, whether you opt for video chat at home or in a studio.